The latest Nintendo Direct was broadcast this morning, and it contains a lot of information we’ve been waiting for over the past few years. Nintendo has finally confirmed the title and release date for Breath of the Wild 2 and given us some news about Pikmin 4.
This Nintendo Direct is a big one, so we’ve condensed it down to cover the highlights.
Breath of the Wild 2 is The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
The official name for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of Kingdom was revealed at the event alongside its release date and some new gameplay. It didn’t reveal much about the game, but the teaser gives us a lot to look forward to.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will release on May 12, 2023.
Here are the Other Major Announcements
- Pikmin 4 will release in 2023
- Fire Emblem Engage was announced as a mainline game and will release on January 20, 2023
- Octopath Traveler 2 was announced with a February 24, 2023 release date
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe comes to Switch on February 24, 2023
- Various N64 games have been announced for Switch Online (see below for a full list)
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion will release on December 13, 2022
- Splatoon 3 to get new Splatfest between September 23 to September 25
- Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life is getting remade as Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life
Upcoming Switch Online + Expansion Pack Additions
- Goldeneye 007 with a Switch exclusive Online Play
- Mario Party
- Mario Party 2
- Mario Party 3
- Pokemon Stadium
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- 1080 Snowboarding
- Excitebike 64
The latest Nintendo Direct contained a lot more information for smaller and less popular games which will be released within the next 6 months. Watch the full Nintendo Direct VoD here.